This course provides a discussion of various pre-fitting measures that can provide valuable insight to the abilities, preferences and expectations of the wearer.
Course created on July 10, 2009
- The participant will explain what information the QuickSIN can provide and perhaps influence the ordering of hearing instrument options.
- The participant will be able to describe how the ANLT can provide important information about noise tolerance and how this might affect programming of the instrument(s).
- The participant will be able to describe how the ECHO can assist with appropriate pre-fitting counseling.
- The participant will be able to describe how the COSI and ECHO are useful in the pre-fitting process.
- The participant will be able to describe how the ANLT is appropriately administered.
H. Gustav Mueller
Dr. H. Gustav Mueller holds faculty positions with Vanderbilt University, the University of Northern Colorado and Rush University. He is a consultant for WSAudiology and Contributing Editor for AudiologyOnline, where he has the monthly column “20Q With Gus.” Dr. Mueller is a Founder of the American Academy of Audiology and a Fellow of the American Speech and Hearing Association. He has co-authored over ten books on hearing aids and hearing aid fitting, including the recent three-volume Modern Hearing Aids series, and the clinical text on Speech Mapping and Probe Microphone Measures. Gus is the co-founder of the popular website www.earTunes.com, and resides on a tropic North Dakota island, just outside the city of Bismarck
Course participation information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam and completing a course evaluation will be required to earn continuing education credit.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam and course evaluation, and earn continuing education credit, you must be a AudiologyOnline member. Participants must complete the entire course; partial credit is not allowed.
AudiologyOnline is committed to ensuring accessibility to the widest possible audience. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone. If you have questions, requests, or would like to report an accessibility-related issue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.