This position is located within our ENT clinic in Columbus, GA.
Provides the highest quality care for patients within the practice and scope of audiology training
and licensure. Follows all state and federal regulations for scope of practice.
• Knowledge of Audiology practice and workflow to optimize efficiency.
• Provides for accurate documentation of hearing related patient information into electronic
• Provides audiology related diagnostic testing as assigned.
• Assists patients with related products such as hearing aids.
• Counsels patients/family members regarding hearing, Communicates instructions with
• Maintains equipment in functioning order at all times.
• Follows all safety procedures as established by the clinic.
• Ensures compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies.
• Responsible for maintaining licensure and ensuring continuation of learning/training credits
• Utilize effective communication skills (written and verbal) interacting with co-workers, other
clinic employees, supervisors, and outside vendors.
• Promote Hughston’s role in the community by greeting and interacting with all patients,
families, visitors, vendors, and guests in a courteous and respectful manner.
• Provides support or relief for other staff as needed.
• Demonstrates confidentiality in all aspects to include both patient and non-patient issues.
• Reflect HMG values and is sensitive to HMG’s ethical and compliance principals in his/her
• Promote resolution of concerns and conflict by routing through correct mechanism or resolving
• Able to prioritize daily functions/tasks
• Display a willingness to put forth effort in problem solving
• Performs other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Essential Functions: Sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking. Frequent computer work
for most of workday. Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs. Requires full range of body
motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires occasional
stooping, bending. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range, Requires working under
stressful conditions at times.
Marginal Functions: Climbing stairs as necessary.
Accommodations: Office equipment.
Environmental Factors: Normal office environment. Some travel may be required for this position.
This position may require irregular work hours. OSHA Category III
Experience: One (1) year experience preferred.
Education: Master’s and/or Doctorate Degree in Audiology. Georgia Audiology License required, BLS
certification required. American Board of Audiology certification/Clinical Competency Certificate
Special Qualifications: Must follow established scope and established standards of practice in
performance of daily duties. Experience with all ages. Demonstrates good professional judgement in
patient care. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Outside Relationship: Vendors; outside businesses etc… Interaction With Other Departments: All
Hughston departments. Employees Supervised: None
Occupation Classification Requirements: