Hearing Instrument Specialist
Summerland, British Columbia, Canada -- Full-time
Beltone Hearing Center is seeking to hire a qualified full-time Hearing Instrument Practitioner to join the Practice. Must be flexible in commuting to two locations: Summerland, with occasional travel to Penticton (in the Okanagan Valley).
- Must hold a diploma from a Hearing Aid Practitioner education program of at least two years' duration and be approved by the College of British Columbia.
- Must have CEU hours up-to-date for the coming renewal year with the College of Speech Hearing and Audiologist.
- Hearing screening and testing of new and existing clients
- Recommendation of hearing instruments
- Hearing aid fittings
- Minor repairs and patient relations/follow-up
- Work with all 3rd party billers and customers
- Ability to learn other manufacturer’s software
Successful applicants will possess:
- Experience with prescribing and fitting hearing aids
- Strong and effective counseling abilities
- Work effectively in a team environment
- A keen interest in ongoing professional development through internal training, and by attending conferences, professional meeting and manufacturer's seminars
- Competitive salary
- Independent and supportive working environment
- Continuing education and training
- Friendly work environment
All inquiries will be kept in confidence.
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Hearing Aid Specialist