Eden Prairie, MN 55347
We are looking for a key player to join the Customer Relations Audiology team whose responsibilities include handling challenging calls from accounts and occasionally from consumers for technical and
Date Posted: 2019-04-30
We are looking for a key player to join the Customer Relations Audiology team whose responsibilities include handling challenging calls from accounts and occasionally from consumers for technical and non-technical issues, regarding hearing instruments and related products and services. This fast-paced position is responsible for supporting computer software, hardware, and training to maximize the tools the Starkey company(s) have available.
This position can be remote, working shift hours of 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- An experienced team built around a culture of professional growth and knowledge-sharing
- We celebrate innovation – finding creative ways to serve our customers better than anyone else
- We are problem solvers
- Global leader in the design, development and distribution of comprehensive hearing technologies
- Answer incoming calls requesting an audiologist
- Professionally and consistently follow corporate protocol to resolve calls based on your professional expertise
- Support manufacturing
- Place outbound calls, email, or instant messaging to resolve issues raised by internal departments
- Document calls
- Use corporate system to document outbound and inbound activity
- Support accounts with computer, software, and hardware needs.
- Use Audiology on Demand and other online resources to research and resolve audiological and technical issues
- Handle Customer Service and Technical Support overflow calls
- Professionally and consistently follow corporate protocol to resolve and triage overflow calls from customer service and technical support
- Test and evaluate software and equipment
- Test new software and products prior to release
- Support training
- Participate and facilitate corporate training programs
- Maintaining internal continuing education
- Attend training, complete internal training and assessments, maintain professional licenses
You Will Need:
- Masters degree or AuD in Audiology required. Audiology license and dispensing permit required
- Minimum 2-years’ experience working in a dispensing environment. Minimum 2- year Clinical Audiology experience required.
- Minimum 1-year customer service experience preferred. Hearing aid dispensing background required.
- High degree of computer literacy
- Windows XP, MS Office, MS Outlook, PowerPoint
- Basic audiometric equipment: audiometer, real ear measurement system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required across groups that include, customers, consumers, and colleagues
- Ability to understand technical information is required.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information to a variety of disciplines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to adapt with an ever-changing marketplace
- Ability to work well with people required including in person and by telephone.
Occupation Classification Requirements: