East Brunswick East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Total Hearing Care is currently recruiting for a Hearing Aid Technician who is an energetic and motivated individual to assist the Audiologist, and represent our practice with
Total Hearing Care is currently recruiting for a Hearing Aid Technician who is an energetic and motivated individual to assist the Audiologist, and represent our practice with professionalism.
The Hearing Aid Technician will work for a private Hearing Healthcare practice located in the East Brunswick NJ area.
In this role as a Hearing Aid Technician, you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the successful history of creating hearing solutions for a rising marketplace. By assisting the Audiologist in this practice you will have the opportunity to assist with driving growth in a competitive market.
· Under the close supervision of a designated licensed audiologist, the Hearing Aid Technician will support quality patient care and delivery of audiologic products and services to a diverse local patient base.
· Regularly engage in performing operational tasks for which proven knowledge and skill has been demonstrated and validated by direct supervision.
· Optimize clinic performance and patient care by reducing wait times, gathering preliminary necessary lifestyle data, sharing educational information with patients, preparing patients for varied general hearing screenings/testing, as authorized and directed by the licensed audiologist.
· Depending on approved skill level and technical knowledge, the Hearing Aid Technician may service hearing aids, assist with conditioning techniques, basic otoscopy, instrument sterilization, biologic electroacoustic assessment of the audiometer, air conduction pure tone assessment and data recording.
· Participates in research projects and handles other clinic duties as assigned
If no more stringent state requirements apply, at a minimum, along with commitment for direct supervision from a licensed audiologist, the Hearing Aid Technician must (unless otherwise noted) have:
· High school diploma or GED; some college or industry-related technical schooling preferred.
· At least 3 years of general work experience in a health-related patient-service setting
· Proven experience with delivery of services in relation to a technical product; knowledge of hearing aid technologies highly desirable.
· Past responsibility for resourceful topical research
· Meticulous and timely informational updating of multiple accounts
· Understanding of healthcare privacy and protection laws
· Understanding of business operation key measures, general budgeting and financial familiarity
· Marketing, sales and business growth success with/in a customer-focused business
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and familiarity with other patient and business systems
· Analytical; attention to detail; follow through
· High initiative; creative contributor
· Proactive customer approach; patience / listening
· Receptivity and adaptability to change
-Strong relationship building and counseling skills
-Receptivity and adaptability to change
-Prioritizing, planning and organization; drive for results
-Proactive customer approach; patience / listening
-Ability to work independently yet take direction well
-High initiative; creative contributor
-Multi-tasking with disciplined time management
-Analytical; attention to detail; follow through
-Persuasive presence to influence outcomes
-Professional written & verbal communication
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Audiology Assistant OR
- Hearing Aid Specialist