FIELD TRAINER, MID-ATLANTIC REGION
Demant is a world-leading hearing healthcare group that for more than a century has played a vital part in developing innovative technologies and know-how to help improve people’s hearing and health. In every aspect, from hearing devices, hearing implants and diagnostic equipment to intelligent audio solutions and hearing care all over the world, Demant is active and engaged.
The Demant Group operates in a global market with companies in more than 30 countries, employs more than 14,500 staff and generates annual revenue of DKK 14 billion (approx. 2.1 billion USD). Our products are sold in more than 130 countries.
The Education & Training Specialist is responsible for delivering engaging, informative and timely training sessions that educate our customers in the MidAtlantic Region on Oticon products and technology.
The ideal candidate is someone with advanced skills in training delivery and large group presentations, and who can collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders. Must be a self-motivated professional who is internally collaborative and externally dynamic in representing the company.
This position reports to the Manager of Field Training, with a dotted line to the Regional Manager in the MidAtlantic Region.
The MidAtlantic Territory covers: NYC, Long Island, NJ, PA, some of DE.
- Provide both in office and group training in Oticon products and fitting software.
- Conduct dynamic and motivating workshops and seminars on advanced audiological topics at national, regional, and local seminars. Audience size can range from one person to hundreds.
- Deliver CEU training sessions and execute the CEU administration process for each training session delivered.
- Measure the effectiveness and impact of training, and use the data to continuously improve training delivery
- Conduct follow-up visits in target customers’ offices to improve counseling, fitting, and fine-tuning of Oticon products and to motivate them to use Oticon products and accessories.
- Participate in quarterly Regional Sales meetings to influence the direction of the sales and training efforts for your assigned region.
- Participate in training meetings as necessary to shape and influence the development of effective training materials.
- Assist in onboarding new Account Managers; conduct 1:1 coaching during Week 2 of the new Account Manager’s 10-week new hire onboarding program, weekly calls with candidate to reinforce learning.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize planning for Regional impact.
- Extensive travel (approximately 80%) required
- Other assignments may be assigned by manager.
The position requires five years of experience selling hearing devices to consumers or two years of experience as an Oticon Account Manager. A minimum of a Master’s degree in Audiology is required. Exceptional public speaking abilities are an essential requirement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Specifically, this job requires the individual to travel 80% of the time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Oticon Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Occupation Classification Requirements: