At Audibel, a subsidiary of Starkey Hearing Technologies, we are setting a new standard for excellence in hearing healthcare with commitment to our Patient Journey philosophy. This philosophy is driven solely by the special needs of our patients and our commitment to serve them. That means carefully guiding our patients on how to choose the best style and technology to enhance their lifestyle.
The Audiology Technician provides support within a clinic/office to help the needs of the licensed audiologist/hearing aid specialists. The Audio Tech will be responsible for monitoring and facilitating testing with patients and cleaning/adjusting hearing aids under the direct supervision of the licensed provider. The Audio Tech must abide by applicable state and federal laws under the scope of practice of an assistant to a licensed provider. Position may require travel to various office locations and a temporary/provisional license.
The Audio Tech is also responsible for the daily activities at the front desk for the retail site. This position is the first point of contact either in person or on the phone with patients and vendors. He/she is responsible for creating a positive first impression and providing a quality Patient Journey experience. This position supports the provider by performing a variety of customer service, sales, marketing, operational and administrative functions.
- An experienced team built around a culture of professional growth and knowledge-sharing.
- We celebrate innovation – providing our patients with the most innovative technology and the most effective hearing devices.
- We serve with passion, purpose and excellence.
- Total Team Approach – Our staff functions together as a cohesive group of hearing professionals.
- We coordinate the individual expertise of all staff members to provide the best possible care for our patients.
You Will Ensure a Positive Patient Experience
- Immediately acknowledge, greet and service all guests in a friendly, professional manner.
- Check patients in and out of patient management software, track orders/sales and maintain daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Utilize elevated customer service approach and communication style when working with patients.
- Direct and answer calls in a timely, professional fashion.
You Will Provide Administrative Assistance
- Schedule and confirm full audiometric evaluations and other appointments.
- Understand, support and track current marketing initiatives for the clinic.
- Work with professional staff to obtain and follow-up on referrals from physicians and provide testing data for billing.
- Enter daily activity in patient management software.
- Organize office, maintain supplies, and ensure accurate patient files.
- Protect Patients Privacy, collect insurance information, and complete insurance Authorization.
You Will Contribute Technical Support
- Assist the licensed professional with counseling and cleaning of hearing instruments as applicable.
- Monitor and facilitate hearing testing in compliance with state laws and regulations.
- Maintain day-to-day operational procedures.
- Your duties may be slightly modified depending on your state's guidelines for patient care and licensure.
You Will Complete Varied Tasks
- Report information to Regional Support Specialist for insurance billing.
- Follow up on TNS and MED Referrals.
- Send thank you cards for referral and sales.
- Make deposits (transportation required) and maintain cashbox.
Results- Performance measures (How to Measure Success)
- Provide quality Patient Journey experience garnering positive patient feedback.
- Ensure procedures and policies are being implemented.
- Data accuracy in patient management software.
- Recalls for 3-month check and annual exams.
- Contribute to increases sales for clinic.
Other Duties (Non-Measurable)
- Support Northland Employee Corporate and/or Department guidelines.
- Check and verify quality.
- React to change productively and handle other essential duties as assigned.
- Assist with development of clinic performance.
You Will Need
- Highschool or GED required
- At least 3 years of customer service/patient care experience and or one year of office management.
- Ability to develop knowledge of software systems including Excel, Word, and Sycle.net.
- Good problem solving, analytical abilities, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to manage all confidential information with complete discretion.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Audiologist OR
- Audiology Assistant OR
- Hearing Aid Specialist OR
- Audio Technician
ContactRachel Gran, aPHR
Audibel / Starkey
Phone: Pref 6127705944