Join our growing Team as a Regional Director over our Wisconsin group of clinics!
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- 401K with a Company Match
- FREE hearing aids to all employees and discounts for qualified family members
- PTO and Holiday Time
- No Nights or Weekends!
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft Protection
- Fully Paid Family Baby Bonding time
The Regional Director manages and directs a region of Hearing Care Professionals and Patient Care Coordinators, in multiple locations, to achieve sales targets and an exceptional quality of service. In this position, you will have the opportunity to showcase your strategic leadership, business acumen, passion for patient care, and vision to manage your team to meet assigned metrics. In addition, you will be required to routinely evaluate results of your team and conduct effective Hearing Care Center visits that consistently improve performance.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Direct sales efforts to achieve revenue targets, achieve customer service and operational excellence metrics.
- Drive the 7 non-negotiable in each clinic within the region, ensure proper execution and provide feedback or guidance as needed
- Manage, coach, and train a team of Hearing Care Professionals and Patient Care Coordinators at approximately 20 - 35 retail locations, including selection, hiring, development and performance management of the employees
- Motivate and inspire your team to enthusiastically embrace the policies and procedures of Connect Hearing.
- Observe, explain, and coach on CoS, RPoE, and capacity and demand
- Conduct annual performance reviews however coaching and managing performance issues as necessary on a regular basis
- Partner with on-site staff and corporate Real Estate staff on facility maintenance to ensure all Hearing Care Centers are always ready to receive and serve our patients
- Analyze business results of your team and create effective action plans to improve performance.
- Create and execute an employee engagement plan for the region.
- Work closely with your Regional Vice President to develop and execute strategies that will ensure all budget expectations are met and or exceeded
- Ensure all records and documents within your region are in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, such as HIPPA and licensing requirements
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field to ensure you and your team is always one step ahead
- Maintain and promote a culture that is consistent with the values and traditions of Connect Hearing
- Operates in compliance with all local, state and federal laws as well as Company policy and compliance standards
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Check and review collections and transactions within the region
- Be familiar and run the Discount Exception Report
- Accountable for clinic inventory control
- Accountable for insurance process and proper completion of patient Benefit Checks
- Monitor transactional compliance
- Assist in recruitment efforts for field positions within our region, conduct interviews and assist in the hiring process
- Provide training to HCPs and PCCs beyond initially on-boarding and create mentoring partnerships amongst peers in the region
- Execute disciplinary action and performance management by partnering with HR
- Be present for all terminations within the region
- Approve employee PTO and timecard in the ADP system
- Third level customer service support for patient complaints or questions
Industry/Product Knowledge Required:
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Audiologist OR
- Hearing Aid Specialist
Elite Hearing Centers of America
Phone: Pref 3317770618