Washington, D.C. February 11, 2021. The American Cochlear Implant Alliance (ACI Alliance) has opened registration for a Consumer and Parent Virtual Workshop on May 1, 2021.
This half-day workshop is designed for parents, adult consumers and family members interested in learning more about cochlear implants. It will feature internationally recognized cochlear implant scientists and clinicians who will share and engage on up-to-date research and clinical experience via presentation, discussion, and question and answer sessions. A virtual exhibit hall will also be open to attendees where they will have an opportunity to meet representatives of companies that manufacture cochlear implants and provide other hearing technologies and services.
Some of the issues that will be addressed include:
- What benefits to expect from a cochlear implant
- What advancements have been made in the design of cochlear implants
- How cochlear implants work with hearing aids and other technologies
- Learning to listen to music again after receiving cochlear implants
- Do cochlear implant recipients lose their existing hearing after surgery
- What services to pursue after cochlear implant surgery for an adult or child to maximize benefits and outcomes
- (Re)Habilitation for Adults and Children
The cost to register is $15 and includes a consumer/parent membership in ACI Alliance and ability for other family members to attend on the same listening/viewing connection. Computer Aided Real-Time Transcription (CART) captioning will be offered.
ACI Alliance is a not-for-profit membership organization created with the purpose of eliminating barriers to cochlear implantation by sponsoring research, driving heightened awareness and advocating for improved access to cochlear implants for patients of all ages across the US. For more information on the workshop and to register visit: www.acialliance.org/event/CI2021consumerworkshop