Washington, D.C. --- American Cochlear Implant Alliance (ACI Alliance) membership elected new board members during CI2023 Dallas: Cochlear Implants in Children and Adults in Dallas, TX earlier this month. Four new board members were elected:
- Maura Cosetti, MD
- Director, Ear Institute, NY Eye & Ear of Mt Sinai
- Associate Professor, Dept of Otolaryngology
- Lindsay Zombek, MS, LSLS Cert AVT
- Speech Language Pathologist, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- Matthew L. Bush, MD, PhD, MBA
- UK College of Medicine Endowed Chair in Rural Health Policy
- Professor and Vice Chair for Research, Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center
- Kristin Lewis, AuD
- Audiologist, Director of Clinical Services, Saint Luke’s Hospital Midwest Ear Institute
Current board member Andrea Warner-Czyz PhD, Associate Professor, University of Texas at Dallas Callier Center for Communication Disorders, was elected to Chair of the Board of Directors. Dr. David Kelsall will serve as Vice Chair, Dr. Melissa Hall as Secretary, and Dr. Kevin Brown as Treasurer.
ACI Alliance is grateful to outgoing board members Drs. Oliver Adunka and James Dornhoffer for their six years of service. Dr. Adunka served as Chair of the Board of Directors for the past two years.
The members of the ACI Alliance Board of Directors reflect the diversity and mission of the organization by including surgeons, audiologists, speech-language pathologists, educators of children with hearing loss, and other professionals on cochlear implant teams or from school settings, as well as parents and adult CI recipients.
ACI Alliance is a not-for-profit membership organization created with the purpose of eliminating barriers to cochlear implantation by sponsoring research, driving heightened awareness and advocating for improved access to cochlear implants for patients of all ages across the US.
For more on the leadership of ACI Alliance visit: www.acialliance.org/page/BoardofDirectors