Knowledge = Revenue and Efficiencies
May 10, 2022. Introducing an on-demand video series designed to provide basic, foundational knowledge and skills on coding and managed care for audiology front office and billing staff.
This Front Office Boot Camp Module Series is designed to be an introductory, fundamental course in compliance, coding, and managed care and to address the staff roles in the revenue cycle (from scheduling to payment) processes.
The course includes the following:
- Module #1: Ethical/legal considerations, including HIPAA (this can help your staff meet the training requirements for HIPAA and Medicare Part C plans)
- Module #2: Terminology and audiology lingo
- Module #3: Basics of coding: Basic CPT, HCPCS, and ICD 10 coding, modifiers, and place of service codes
- Module #4: Step by step through CMS 1500 and HIPAA 835/837 and introduction to managed care basics
- Module #5: Managed care considerations, including third-party networks
- Module #6: Scheduling and verification
- Module #7: Claims submission
- Module #8: Payment processes
The on demand course comes with approximately nine hours of video (video access for six months following registration), a copy of the slide materials and guidance documents, self-guided quizzes to gauge knowledge and understanding of each topic, and access to Kim Cavitt, AuD and Audiology Resources for included questions, guidance and support for registrants for six months following the date of registration.
The cost of the course is $649.
This entire course will be geared SOLELY to front and back office staff. It is NOT intended for audiologists or experienced staff members. No continuing education will be offered.
The course is introductory and basic in nature and designed to meet the needs of new office hires who have little to no knowledge of audiology or audiology practice management. This course would be a precursor and is not intended to replace the Audiology Resources Boot Camp: Foundations of Audiology Practice, Advanced Boot Camp or Hearing Aid Revenue Cycle training events.