How is the new Cochlear™ Baha® 6 Max Sound Processor designed to improve hearing outcomes for people with single-sided deafness (SSD), conductive or mixed hearing loss?
Here’s what the Baha 6 Max offers:
- A premium-power sound processor: With a fitting range of up to 55 dB sensorineural hearing level (SNHL) in the same small size as current 45 dB devices, the Baha 6 Max is the first of its kind: a premium-power bone conduction sound processor designed for powerful hearing performance.1
- Tuned for high frequencies. Research suggests that an extended bandwidth can improve recognition of high-frequency consonants in quiet and in noise.2,3 The Baha 6 Max has a new high-powered Xidium™ platform with a frequency range up to 9.85 kHz.**
- More connectivity: It’s also the first bone conduction sound processor to offer direct streaming from Apple® and Android™ devices* The new sound processor provides additional power in the smallest form and is designed to provide the most clear, rich and natural sound possible, reducing the need to choose between hearing performance and size.1,5
- Even more discretion: The small size of the Baha 6 Max makes it a discreet solution for children and adults, and the new LowPro™ snap coupling even brings the device 2 mm closer to the head, so it sits closer to the head than other traditional bone conduction devices.4
- Dust and water protected: The Baha 6 Max Sound Processor has the highest dust and water-resistance with an IP68-rating.6,7‡
- Remote Care ready: Remote Care† gives you the flexibility to deliver quality care without your patients making a trip to the clinic – fitting into your patients’ lives and your schedule. Patients can conveniently access Remote Care through their compatible smartphone* at home, at work, or when they’re away.
For more information on bone conduction solutions, subscribe to Cochlear ProNews.
- Hua H. Baha 6 Max fitting range. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1725632.
- Van Eeckhoutte M, Folkeard P, Glista D, Scollie S. Speech recognition, loudness, and preference with extended bandwidth hearing aids for adult hearing aid users. Int J Audiol. 2020 20;1-12.
- Snapp HA et al. Effects of extended high frequency bandwidth in osseointegrated bone conduction device users. Hearing Research. 2021 [In press]
- Land J. Comparison tech data Baha 6 Max, legacy and competition. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1762475.
- Hoffman J. Subjective evaluation of clear rich and natural sound. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1788013.
- Andersson H. Baha 6 Max IPx8 Test Report. RISE Research Institutes of Sweden AB, Sweden. 2020; D1757477.
- Andersson H. Baha 6 Max IP6x Test Report. RISE Research Institutes of Sweden AB, Sweden. 2020; D1757476.
In the United States and Canada, the placement of a bone-anchored implant is contraindicated in children below the age of 5.
*The Cochlear Baha 6 Max Sound Processor is compatible with Apple and Android devices. The Cochlear Baha Smart App is available on App Store and Google Play. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility
**With the Baha Connect System.
‡The Cochlear Baha 6 Max Sound Processor, with battery compartment excluded, is dust and water-resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. Refer to the relevant user guide for more information. Tested by the RISE Research Institutes of Sweden AB.
† Clinic must be enrolled in Remote Care to participate.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad and iPod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
© Cochlear Limited 2022. All rights reserved. Hear now. And always and other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of Cochlear Limited or Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
This content is meant for professional use. If you are a consumer, please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information. Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.