How is the new Cochlear™ Baha® 6 Max Sound Processor designed to improve hearing outcomes for people with single-sided deafness (SSD), conductive or mixed hearing loss?
Here are 6 things the Baha 6 Max offers:
- A premium-power sound processor: With a fitting range of up to 55 dB sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) in the same small size as current 45 dB devices, the Baha 6 Max is the first of its kind: a premium-power bone conduction sound processor designed for powerful hearing performance.1
- More connectivity: It’s also the first bone conduction sound processor to offer direct streaming from Apple® and Android™ devices.* The new sound processor provides additional power in the smallest form and is designed to provide the most clear, rich and natural sound possible, reducing the need to choose between hearing performance and size. 1,3
- Even more discretion: The small size of the Baha 6 Max makes it a discreet solution for children and adults, and the new LowPro™ snap coupling brings the device 2 mm closer to the head than other traditional bone conduction devices.2, §
- Longer battery life: The Baha 6 Max Sound Processor offers 87 percent longer battery life.4**
- Dust and water protected: The Baha 6 Max Sound Processor has the highest dust- and water-resistance with an IP68-rating.5,6,‡
- Ready for next-generation connectivity: Bluetooth® LE Audio is the next-generation Bluetooth audio protocol, and when it comes, your patients with the Baha 6 Max will be ready. † Bluetooth LE Audio offers direct streaming from any compatible audio source, better streaming sound quality and exciting new broadcast audio features.
For more information on bone conduction solutions, subscribe to Cochlear ProNews.
- Hua H. Baha 6 Max fitting range. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1725632.
- Land J. Comparison tech data Baha 6 Max, legacy and competition. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1762475.
- Hoffman J. Subjective evaluation of clear rich and natural sound. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2020; D1788013.
- Davidsson B. Technical Report: Battery autonomy in Baha 6 Max vs Baha 5. Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB, Sweden. 2021; D1770958.
- Andersson H. Baha 6 Max IPx8 Test Report. RISE Research Institutes of Sweden AB, Sweden. 2020; D1757477.
- Andersson H. Baha 6 Max IP6x Test Report. RISE Research Institutes of Sweden AB, Sweden. 2020; D1757476.
In the United States and Canada, the placement of a bone-anchored implant is contraindicated in children below the age of 5.
* Cochlear Baha 6 Max sound processor is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and selected Android phones. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
** Battery life is dependent on streaming, sound environments and gain setting.
‡The Cochlear Baha 6 Max Sound Processor, with battery compartment excluded, is dust and water resistant to level IP68 of the International Standard IEC60529. Refer to the relevant user guide for more information. Tested by the RISE Research Institutes of Sweden AB.
† The Cochlear Baha 6 Max Sound Processor is compatible with Bluetooth LE Audio. For more information on Bluetooth LE Audio, visit www.bluetooth.com.
§ Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Rounded to the closest 0.5 mm.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad and iPod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Cochlear is under license.
Cochlear Baha 6 Max sound processor is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and selected Android phones. For compatibility information visit www.cochlear.com/compatibility.
© Cochlear Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Hear now. And always and other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of Cochlear Limited or Cochlear Bone Anchored Solutions AB. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
This content is meant for professional use. If you are a consumer, please seek advice from your health professional about treatments for hearing loss. Outcomes may vary, and your health professional will advise you about the factors which could affect your outcome. Always read the instructions for use. Not all products are available in all countries. Please contact your local Cochlear representative for product information. Views expressed are those of the individual. Consult your health professional to determine if you are a candidate for Cochlear technology.