How Does the Technology Found in Phonak Naída™ Paradise Hearing Aids Support Severe to Profound Patients?
Next-level powerful sound is ingeniously programmed into the software. Adaptive Phonak Digital 2.0 (APD) is a new gain processing algorithm with the advantages of adaptive compression. It is designed to balance audibility, loudness and sound quality as well as to provide a naturalness of the sound. AutoSense OS™ 4.0 perfectly orchestrates existing Phonak features with a series of new features for optimal personalized settings. Let’s take a closer look.
For patients with severe to profound hearing loss, APD 2.0 helps us meet two specific goals:
- The need for more speech clarity. APD 2.0 provides more speech contrast by preseving the important contrast between loud and soft sounds, helping those who rely on these speech cues. This results in more dynamic range.
- APD 2.0 meets the need for precise customization. Here we add more flexibility for the hearing care provider with feedback threshold overtuning and an additional kneepoint for increased headroom between loud outputs and the MPO.
We have a fitting formula that provides even slower compression: APD Contrast 2.0. There are no hard and fast rules to indicate which patients should get APD Contrast 2.0 versus APD 2.0. The decision is yours as you know your patients the best. Often, individuals with more severe hearing loss uses the contrast between speech signals to identify words. Another deciding factor includes cognition where slower time constants can assist in understanding as well.
Developed with artificial intelligence (AI), AutoSense OS 4.0 is our automatic operating system that orchestrates all the hearing performance features. In addition to the existing features, three new features are available.
- With Dynamic Noise Cancellation, patients can enjoy additional spatial noise cancellation and directional microphones to help in challenging situations.
- Power hearing aid wearers may experience difficulties with soft voices and soft sounds in quiet situations. The Speech Enhancer is designed to enhance the peaks of speech signals in those situations.
- And in the Naída P-PR, thanks to the motion sensor chip, these patients can also experience the automatic Motion Sensor Hearing feature, which can detect movement and adapt microphones and noise cancellation accordingly to support a listening situation on the go.
These features, combined with the other existing features in the automatic program AutoSense OS 4.0 , help to foster engagement and social connections as well as the leading of an active lifestyle, which are all important parts of overall well-being.
For more information on Naída Paradise, click here.