Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a privately held, global hearing technology company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Starkey is known for its innovative design, development and distribution o
Date Posted: 2019-08-07
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a privately held, global hearing technology company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Starkey is known for its innovative design, development and distribution of comprehensive digital hearing systems. The company has more than 5,000 employees, operates 24 facilities and does business in more than 100 markets worldwide.
We are seeking to add a Manager of Education & Training for North America that will be responsible for leading a team of audiologists and hearing professionals in providing best-in-class education and training for customers and employees of Starkey Hearing Technologies throughout the United States and Canada. By providing management and supervision to the Education and Training team, this position sets the team direction, and determines priorities and activities required to accomplish departmental goals and activities. These activities include but are not limited to: developing engaging training content, creating curricula for the effective training of customers and employees, and ensuring that all training events provide best-in-class educational experiences. This position is located at the Global Headquarters of Starkey Hearing Technologies in Eden Prairie, MN in order to closely align with leadership throughout the organization.
- Global leader in the design, development and distribution of comprehensive hearing technologies
- An experienced team built around a culture of professional growth and knowledge-sharing
- We celebrate innovation – finding creative ways to serve our customers better than anyone else
- We serve with passion, purpose and excellence
- Here’s the bottom line – we work so people can hear!
- Provide supervision to professional level employees to develop employees to higher levels of performance and job growth
- Generate employee performance goals, make compensation and hiring and termination decisions in consultation with the Sr. Director of Education and Training
- Develop product messaging and training content by working closely with Product Management, Marketing, and Research and Development.
- Create training content inclusive of agendas, presentations, handouts, workbooks, etc. that is engaging and impactful for staff and hearing professionals. sDevelop training plans consistent with the Sales and Marketing strategy and focus.
- Participate in training events throughout the United States in support of product launches.
- Present at local, state, and international training events and professional conferences on topics related to hearing and hearing loss, audiology, and amplification technology and features.
You Will Need:
- Education: Doctoral Degree in Audiology or Hearing Sciences OR related profession
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience preferred. Minimum of 1-3 years of leadership experience (management, project lead, etc.) preferred
- Teaching and/or training experience required
- High degree of computer literacy preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Audiologist OR
- Hearing Aid Specialist